I do say I have been a bit remiss in my writing duties to my children. I got side-tracked into the world of trying to make money. Notice I said trying….It has been a struggle with which I am almost successful. So I have decided to take the time to write something and then I shall have to take the time to get the children to actually read it….
Today I wish to teach you about meditation. I personally suffer from a huge problem with focus and stick-to-it-ness. Every few days I remember all the things I have learned and then I do my best to do the things I know I should….uggh.
This morning I rediscovered the power of meditation. There once was a time when I meditated every day because I couldn’t function without it…it was a very trying time in my life. Since then things have gotten better and my practice has slipped. This morning I rededicated myself and this is what I have learned.
Every human being on the face of this planet can benefit from the power of meditation. It gets you in tune with the real you inside. It gets you in tune with “God”, the “universe” or whatever is out there. I can feel it’s power and love and glory and it really helps me to be able to focus. I can do the things I know I am supposed to do when I have first meditated. It brings such a clarity to life, such a focus.
Meditation is also a part of the creation process. It is in those quiet moments of our minds that we start to create. If we can daily bring our focus on what we desire to have in our lives we shall eventually discover that it is there. A normal life, lived in the normal hap-hazardous way brings about rather hap-hazardous results. I know, that is what I have thus far created.
So if you wish to create a wonderful life you must first start with getting clear on what you want and then begin a daily meditation practice.
Since I am not an expert on the technical how to’s of meditating I have found some information that might be helpful.
How to meditate
- First, find a comfortable place where you can sit without distractions for at least 15 minutes.
- Sit comfortably with your back upright and without back support, if physically possible.
- Close your eyes and focus within.
- Focus your attention.
- You can focus your attention on your breath and breathing. Breathe in and out. Just watch the movement of your in and out breaths.
- You can repeat an affirmation (a positive statement about yourself and life).
- If you use an affirmation, try to feel what it means to you.
- You can focus on your heartbeat.
- You can use any other method with which you feel comfortable.
- If you notice your mind thinking, that’s okay, just bring your focus back to your technique.
- When you have completed meditating, it is a good idea to give yourself a few minutes to acclimate slowly back into the activities of your day.
Meditation Tips for Beginners and Advanced Meditators Alike
- The most important advice is to meditate regularly, which means daily. The commitment to a regular, daily practice is more important than any method or technique.
- If you are a beginning meditator, even 15 minutes daily is enough to start.
- High-Tech Meditation soundtracks are created in 30-minute segments so that you can meditate for 30–60 minutes in a single session. If you can meditate more than once a day, even better.
- Brief balancing exercises are also beneficial and are a way to maintain your balance throughout the day. We will discuss this again under “Balance Breaks” below.
- Make sure you choose a time of day that you will not be disturbed. Most people choose early in the morning or late at night. But it really does not matter when you meditate, as long as you can devote a period of time to your practice without being disturbed. Each of us has a unique bio-rhythm and we know what times are likely to be best for us.
- If possible, create a space where you can practice your meditation and which you use for nothing else. This could be a spare room or a section of a room.
- It is also best to meditate at the same time every day.
These tips will assist you in generating momentum. Treat your meditation as a sacred act because it is! If you revere it, the results will be even more impressive.
Meditation generates a lot of power from within. This power, in turn, affects the world around you. So be wakeful and watch the magic and miracles unfold.
I can attest to the fact that meditation helps with the whole happiness factor as well as with our creation factor….there will be more on this later….I am dedicated to writing more….and working less…lol. Yes, I said less….you see I have found the key to doing that…if you want to find out more about how to work less and have more time, money and energy click this link.